CHOICE OF PLAYS
The Board of Directors of Florida Thespians voted to remove the list of titles the students can choose from for their technical events.
This was for a few reasons: It brings us closer in line with EdTA and their events so students can participate in the International Thespian Excellence Awards (THESPYs) at the National level. It offers students a chance to find titles and themes that appeal to them. Finally, it gives students a chance to be inclusive in their play selection, so we can reflect our diverse student body in Florida.
- All rules listed in the Individual Events General Rules apply.
- The following materials are to be presented:
- poster design on 8 ½ X 11” paper
- ticket design
- program design and full layout of no less than 4 pages
- a press release
- a proposal for a promotional project
- a budget for the publicity campaign and justification of expenses. You will NOT be judged on how much money you spend but how you spend it.
- Computer aided design is acceptable.
- The student must present justifications of the designs. Note cards may be used.
- Only one student may be involved in the design. NO COLLABORATION.
- All logos used must be the original work of the entrant.
- The event will not exceed ten (10) minutes. The student presentation is not to exceed five (5) of these ten (10) minutes.
- A bibliography is required documenting all resources used including but not limited to written and electronic sources. The bibliography must be in MLA style.
- Each room will be provided with one (1) table, which might not support standing weight. You are limited to this furniture for the event.