CHOICE OF PLAYS
The student may choose any play from the list announced by the State Board of Directorsin the September issue of the Florida State Thespian web page.
- The student must construct an original, three dimensional model OR perspective rendering executed to the scale of EITHER 1/4″ = l’0″ OR 1/2″ = l’0″ showing the set and its relationship to the theatrical space. Renderings and/or models must be done for at least one set required in the production.
- Computer assisted design is acceptable.
- At least one figure must be included in the rendering or model to show proportion and scale.
- The student must draw a floor plan to the same scale which justifies the storage and shifting for ALL sets in the show.
- The set is to be designed for a stage with a proscenium opening of 38′ w x 20′ h, an apron 6′ deep, and wing space. The stage has a maximum depth of 30′ from the proscenium line to the back wall with a wing measuring 15’x30′ on each side. The proscenium arch and wing space must be represented in the model.
- The student must present a justification of the design. Note cards may be used.
- Only one student may be involved in the design. NO COLLABORATION.
- All artwork used must be the original work of the entrant.
- The event will not exceed ten (10) minut es. The student presentation is not to exceed five (5) of these ten (10) minutes.
- A bibliography is required documenting all resources used including but not limited to written and electronic sources. The bibliography must be in MLA style. The event will be disqualified if no bibliography is presented.
- Budgetary consideration will not affect adjudication.