- All rules listed in the Individual Events General Rules apply.
- Three to seven (3-7) students may participate.
- The musical theatre selection must come from a musical theatre production which has been written and produced for the musical theatre stage. Upon request, you must show proof of the origin of the source material.
- No original works, medleys, screenplays, or Vegas style reviews are allowed.
- The selection may contain dialogue and each participant must be actively involved in the musical selection.
- The performers may choose to dance without singing if that is in keeping within the context of the full musical.
- The performers MUST use non-vocal musical accompaniment which can be live or taped unless expressly written to be performed without musical accompaniment. ANY voices heard on the accompaniment track will result in disqualification.
- All material should be presented as if within the context of a full production.
- Not to exceed five (5) minutes.
- Each room will be provided with seven (7) sturdy, straight-backed, armless chairs, and one (1) table, which might not support standing weight. You are limited to this furniture for the event.
- A music playback device will be provided, however attendees are encouraged to bring their own device for back-up.
- A piano MAY NOT be available.
- A hard surface floor MAY NOT be available.