Guidelines for Florida Junior Thespian Mainstage
TO APPLY, PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINK: https://forms.gle/apczqYicgDEPysp69
1. Troupes applying for Mainstage must have attended the last two Junior State Thespian
festivals; the director must have attended at least one festival in the last two years.
2. Performances must be scheduled within the screening period of September 29th, 2022
and November 13th, 2022. No productions will be screened after November 13th, 2022.
3. Your application must be submitted at least 14 days prior to your scheduled
performance and NO LATER than October 7th, 2022.
4. You must schedule at least two performances.
5. Tickets for adjudicators must be held and seats reserved for them. Please plan to hold
at least two tickets per adjudicator screening your production. They may wish to bring a
6. Programs must be provided to the adjudicators and a digital copy of your program must be sent to the Mainstage Coordinator along with your submitted production photos.
7. The troupe director MUST provide a telephone number for a phone they will have
access to on the day/evening of the performance being adjudicated. Should the
adjudicator have any issues, we MUST be able to reach you.
8. If selected, your production must include the same script, cast, costumes, and set that
was screened at your home venue.
9. You will provide production photos to be submitted digitally for use at the
Mainstage selection meeting. These photos are due one week after the close of your production and will be used at the selection meeting and for a slideshow presentation at the State festival.
10. The run time of the performance may not exceed two hours including intermission. If
you are presenting a cutting of a full-length play, you must include—with your
application—written permission from the playwright or licensing company. Please realize that at the discretion of the Florida State Junior Thespians leadership, your presentation at the State festival may eliminate intermissions.
11. If selected, you will receive load-in information from the Mainstage coordinator and technical director.
12. The application fee is $500.00. If selected, applicants will be given ten Mainstage passes at no charge to use at their discretion. Additional day passes will be available for purchase.
Mainstage application checks should be mailed to:
Tara Whitman, Florida Junior Thespians Chair
P.O. Box 784539
Winter Garden, FL 34778
Please note that your application will not be processed until your fees have been received.
13. If selected, you will be informed of the committee’s decision following the selection
meeting in November. Your adjudicator responses will be sent to you digitally.
14. All questions, concerns, and requested supporting material should be directed to the
Florida State Junior Thespian Festival Mainstage Coordinator at MainstageFSJT@gmail.com.