The Florida Thespian Festival in Tampa, FL will take place, March 17-21, as scheduled.
At this time, Governor DeSantis, the Surgeon General of Florida, the Surgeon General of the US, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to rate the health risk for the general American public as low.
We are following the guidance of the CDC for Event planners of Large Gatherings. The guidelines can be found here: Interim Guidance for Event Planners
The State Festival Staff and Board are actively and continuously monitoring the situation around COVID-19 Coronavirus. The health and safety of our student attendees, their teachers and chaperones, exhibitors, and our staff is our number one priority.
The City of Tampa has a COVID-19 information page that is being updated regularly.
Visit Tampa Bay has issued the following statement.
The Tampa Convention Center statement includes specific and targeted initiatives the center is undertaking:
- Increased frequency on routine cleaning of common touch points throughout the venue (door handles, elevator buttons, countertops, etc.) using verucidal cleaning agent.
- Strategically placed hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility for guests and employee use.
- Enhanced onsite communications and signage regarding preventative actions for all.
- Convenient and accessible Sanitizing Wipes Stations for guests use.
- Ongoing employee training regarding best practices for providing a safe and healthy environment.
- The Director of Safety and Security at the Straz Center also offers the guidelines.
The Straz Center for the Performing Arts has issued the following statement as well:
“The Straz Center is closely monitoring the recent outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19). We consider the health and wellbeing of our guests and staff a top priority. As precautionary measures, heightened daily disinfection practices have been implemented for all areas of our campus and items like hand-sanitizer and anti-bacterial wipes are available in all public and office areas. Currently, The Straz and Patel Conservatory are continuing with all performances and classes as originally planned, and we will continue to follow the guidance of the CDC and local health authorities. We hope that you also follow the science, implement the recommendations of public health agencies and continue to participate in the activities that make our world connected.”
Florida Thespians is following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and updates. We encourage attendees to monitor the CDC website for additional information.
We also have developed the following guidelines for our festival attendees: Staying Healthy at Festival 2020
Updated 3/11/2020,11:30 AM